Information for UVA CS 6501-002 (Fall 2017)
- TuTh 2:00PM - 3:15PM
- Rice 032
- This is an advanced graduate-level machine learning course.
- The course takes the form of seminar and focuses on paper readings.</li>
- This course offers opportunities for students to get into research topics about the
state-of-the-art advanced deep learning.
- No text book
- Sit-in: No. This course is for registered students only.
- Instructor’s Permission for enrollment is required for this
- Required courses as prerequisite: Graduate-level machine
learning; Introduction of Deep Learning and Graduate-level Optimization are preferred.
- Familiar reading of Basic Deep Learning are preferred.
Course Grading Policy
The grade will be calculated as follows:
- 60% for the participation and in-class paper presentations/discussions
- 40% for the reading assignments (we have a total of 30 classes in the Fall)
- Announcements are being emailed to the course mailing list.
- A welcome note will be sent to the mailing list early in the semester.
- If you do not receive the welcome message by Sept 1, 2017, please
send mail to the instructor.
- Errata and answers to questions are being discussed and answered
on the course emailist.
Statistics of Site Visits: